Welcome to The Quilt District! I’m Tara Miller: quilt designer, maker, and enthusiast.
By day, I’m a user experience content developer in the software industry. All other waking moments I’m making, designing, studying, writing about, or otherwise involved in something to do with quilts.
I love gathering with other quilters! Please see my Talks & Workshops page for speaking engagements and classes.
Most of all, I’m just really grateful to be here… among the quilts.
Here are a few places where you can see, read, or watch my work…
Publications (patterns and articles)
- Legacy Wheel, Quiltmania #147 (coming in January 2022!)
- Abstract Design in American Quilts at 50, Simply Moderne #26, Fall 2021 (a Quiltmania magazine)
- Harvest Blooms, Simply Vintage #40, Autumn 2021 (a Quiltmania magazine)
- Quilts Home Tour at Kathy Metelica Cray’s, Quiltmania #145
- Starburst, cover of Issue 12, Modern by the Yard, an online magazine by Benartex
- Scatter, cover of Issue 14 of Modern by the Yard, an online magazine by Benartex
- I produce Quiltside Chats, a YouTube series by American Quilt Study Group in partnership with the International Quilt Museum and sponsored by Quiltfolk magazine. On January 16, 2022, I’ll also be the guest! We’ll be discussing quilt artist and feminist Jean Ray Laury.
- I also produce a monthly series with some of the finest historians in the business: the Six Know-It-Alls! Quilt history has never been so interesting and fun!
- On my YouTube channel, you’ll find my new shows Quilt District On the Road and Quilt District Goes Under the Quilt.
- On the Road – International Quilt Museum: Abstract Design in American Quilts at 50, September 2021
- On the Road – Museum of Fine Arts, Boston: Fabric of a Nation, Part 1, November 2021
- On the Road – Museum of Fine Arts, Boston: Fabric of a Nation, Part 2, November 2021
- Under the Quilt – with Merikay Waldvogel, November 2021
Juried and Vendor Shows
- Houston Quilt Market, 2018: Benartex and the Hobbs booths
- 2019 Georgia Celebrates Quilts
- 2019 Smoky Mountain Quilt Show
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you soon!